Hauptseminar: Interaction on Tabletop Inferfaces
Prof. Gudrun Klinker, PhD
Interactive tables have seen increasing usage in interface research and art.
In this seminar, interaction techniques as well as underlying hardware concepts
will be examined.
The following topics are available:
| Topic || assigned? |
| Interactive tabletop technologies in research || |
| Commercial interactive tabletop technologies || yes |
| Orientation problem and solutions || yes |
| Around the table(top) collaborative systems || |
| Tangible or mixed interaction paradigm in tabletop applications || |
| Ergonomics in tabletop applications || |
| Interacting with paper on the digital desk || yes |
| Tabletops integrated into the environment || |
| Moving information units between tabletop interfaces || |
| Information privacy on tabletop interfaces || |
| Multimodal interaction techniques for tabletops || |
| Gesture based interaction techniques for tabletops || |
How to get the Schein
- The outline of the talk and the report must be discussed with the supervisor at least one month before the presentation.
- The presentation slides and handout should be finalized and discussed with the supervisor one week before the presentation (here is a template).
- A preliminary version of the report is given to the supervisor one week before the talk.
- Give a well prepared talk of about 30 min. and handle follow up discussion.
- Write a report of approximately 15 pages (in LaTex and english, here is a template)
until exactly two weeks after your talk.
Computer Science students, starting with 5th semester (Diploma/Master/Bachelor)
Schedule (still subject to change)
| 1. May 07 || Meeting with supervisor (latest date) |
| 30. May 07 || Talks - 14:00 in 03.13.010 |
| 13. Jun 07 || Reports due |
Thursday, 18.1. at 13:30 in 03.13.010.
For late registration, please send an email to FlorianEchtler
For some hints on how to find literature, see LiteratureSearch
- 10 Jan 2007
| TeachingForm |
| Title: || Interaction on Tabletop Interfaces |
| Professor: || Prof. Gudrun Klinker, PhD |
| Tutors: || FlorianEchtler |
| Type: || Hauptseminar |
| Information: || 2 SWS |
| Term: || 2007SoSe |
| Abstract: || In this seminar, various interaction techniques and metaphors on interactive tables as well as their hardware will be examined. |