IPCAI 2012 Paper Submission Guidelines
Make your submission here
- Papers should be formatted in Lecture Notes in Computer Science style. Style files can be found on the Springer website. Scroll to the bottom half of the web page for Office Word instructions. The file format for submissions is Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF). Other formats will not be accepted. Please check the pdf document properties tab to confirm that the author field does not break anonymity.
- The maximum number of pages is 10. Submissions exceeding this limit will be rejected without review.
- The minimum number of pages for your submitted paper is 8 (including abstract and references). Submissions below this limit will be rejected without review.
- The review process is double blind. Submissions are to be anonymized (see the guidelines for anonymity below).
- Submissions should describe original work that has not been submitted to or accepted for another conference, nor will be published in a journal before the IPCAI conference in June 2012.
- Remove author and institutional information from the author list on the title page. Please replace this information with asterisks and do not delete the lines completely - if you remove the blank lines then your paper may be regarded as violating the 10 page limit
- Remove author information from all paper headers.
- Remove clues from the main text that would directly identify any of the authors.
- Your own published work that appears on mainstream (including online) and are available for the reviewer must be cited in the third person, in a manner that is not traceable to the identity of the authors. For example: "In , Hello and Goodbye have proposed ..." is acceptable, whereas "In , we have proposed ..." is not, when reference  is listed such as "IEEE Trans. PAMI, 6(6):721-741, November 1984".
- Your own work that is in press or accepted for publication and thus not available for the reviewer should be listed as "Anonymous" (with no other information) in the bibliography. For example: "In , Muller and Doe have proposed ..." is not acceptable if  is listed as "Anonymous".
- Anonymize your PDF file. Note that PDF creator programs may accidentally leave Author information in the file header.
- Failure to comply with the above requirements will result in automatic rejection of the paper.
You may also upload supplementary material. The program committee and the reviewers are absolutely under no obligation to look at this material. Your manuscript must be self-contained and complete without supplementary material. The supplemental material is solely for aiding the review and it will not be included in the proceedings.
One recommended use of the supplementary material is to augment the "Closest works" section in the paper submission page, by providing reprints of manuscripts that are not readily available to the reviewers, such as your own pending papers referenced as Anonymous in the manuscript. Please make sure that any supplementary material covering your own work has to also follow the Anonymity Guidelines above. You could use these reprints to explain the extent of overlap between your manuscript and other publications. Do not attach preambles or notes with the reprints.
The onus is on you to provide sufficient information for the use of the supplementary material, such as including a readme file. You must not include any discussion or evaluation of the material. Any attempt to abuse the supplementary files, such as trying to circumvent the page limits of the main manuscript, will lead to rejection without further review. The program committee and the reviewers will be instructed to check closely the appropriateness of all supplementary material.
Please note that your total submission size cannot exceed 10.0 MB
(including your submission document and any additional material).