RF2B : RF to B-mode Ultrasound
Ultrasound raw data is not well suited for the interpretation by users.
Necessary is a conversion from RF to B-mode data.
The primary objective of the project is to develop a tool in MATLAB which
should assist researchers in determining the necessary processing steps to
transform digital radio frequency (RF) data to brightness modulation (B-mode) images.
RF2B is a software, which models the RF to B-mode conversion and provides a graphical user interface.
The framework contains the coarse processing steps. The user can customize
the pipeline by choosing different filters and processing methods
which should be applied in the different steps.
A basic set of filters is provided, however, the software is designed for easily enabling the integration of own filters.
It visualizes the effect of the processing methods selected after each step in
order to help the user finding the optimal filter combinations and parameters.
To further assist the user the tool provides additional information on
the RF data and the ultrasound probe.
Download RF2B Software
- For the scanconversion with PANDO, please download "pando.dll" from ultrasonix (http://www.ultrasonix.com/updates/research) and copy the file in the directory ".\filters\scanconversion".
- For using MUCRO, please download the MURCRO Matlab Wrapper from the ultrasonix forum. Copy all the files in ".\MucroWrap\Release" together with "MucroWrap.h" in ".\MucroWrap" to the directory ".\filters\mucro". Note that for running MUCRO you also need the dongle.
- The software is only running on windows 32-bit because some of the libraries are compiled for 32-bit.
Download RF2B Manual
André Dau, Christian Wachinger
, Athanasios Karamalis
Copyright (c) 2010
Andre Dau, Athanasios Karamalis, Christian Wachinger
Computer Aided Medical Procedures (CAMP)
Technische Universität München (TUM)
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of CAMP, TUM nor the
names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products
derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND
ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE
DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL Andre Dau, Athanasios Karamalis, Christian Wachinger BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
(INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES;
LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND
ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
(INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS
SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.