SepKatjaUli

Chair for Computer Aided Medical Procedures & Augmented Reality
Lehrstuhl für Informatikanwendungen in der Medizin & Augmented Reality

SEP: Development of visualization framework for medical real time applications


Files

Downloadable Resources: * Testcases * Klassendiagramm

Meeting minutes July, 5th 2004

Attendants: Uli Klank, Katja Kunze, Tobias Sielhorst

Discussion:

  • Date for Final presentation: 23th July (or in the same week)
  • Code checkout for RAMP for checking the gl Commands to make CAMPAR
faster
  • Talk about public Licences (GPL, LGPL, BSD,...)

Action Items:

  • Write down possible Test Cases (Uli)
  • Preparing the speech till next monday (Katja)

Meeting minutes June, 28st 2004

Attendants: Uli Klank, Katja Kunze, Tobias Sielhorst

Discussion: The last for weeks of the SEP have started. We still need to following:

  • Final presentation
  • Test cases & testing
  • Final workout
Known bugs:
  • Loop via FL::wait() - only an update if a new event arises
  • Update rate is way too slow

Action items:

  • Tobias looks for a date until the July, 21st (23rd) 2004 for the final presentation
  • Katja/Uli prepare the final presenation a week before in order to be able to change
  • Katja/Uli prepare a table of contents by tomorrow
  • Katja/Uli prepare a schedule for the next weeks

Files

Downloadable Resources:

* classdiagram new

Meeting minutes June, 21st 2004

Attendants: Uli Klank, Katja Kunze, Tobias Sielhorst

Action items:

  • adapt our current program to a changed design
  • fusion and rearranging of a few classes
  • create an new Umbrello diagramm

Files

Downloadable Resources:

Meeting minutes June, 14th 2004

Attendants: Uli Klank, Tobias Sielhorst

Action items:

  • We need fast(er) display of camera images
  • We need the whole project in the CVS on atnavab5.informatik.tu-muenchen.de:/home/shared/cvs (CVS_SERVER: usr/bin/cvs) as the module CAMPAR
  • The program must run on a computer without a camera
  • Tobias is going to suggest a more updated design

Meeting minutes joint meeting with the DICOM-Praktikum June, 1st 2004

Attendants: Uli Klank, Katja Kunze, Tobias Sielhorst, Marco Feuerstein, Mohan Singh, Imran Shafiq, Franziska Bayer

Discussion:

  • We do not know too much about each other: What are the objectives of the two teams?
  • DICOM team showed texture mapping of a DICOM image on a cube - It works but it is too slow
  • There are still cvs problems for accessing atnavab5 from outside the university: Putty works, TortoiseCVS does not, Mohan offered to help
  • Off topic advantages of different types of graphics card: Double headed (workstation) graphics cards can share the memory, two graphics cards can use two processors

Action item:

  • Visualization team: check in your code in the cvs on atnavab5
  • DICOM team: speed
  • Both: We need an abstract about the projects
  • Both: We are going to write specifications together.

Meeting minutes May, 23rd 2004

Attendants: Uli Klank, Katja Kunze

Action item:

We set the first version of the doxygen documentation online!

Meeting minutes May, 3rd 2004

Attendants: Uli Klank, Katja Kunze, Tobias Sielhorst, Ben

Discussion:

  • FLTK, problems
  • CVS, some problems, change of Server + Repository
  • TCP Library found

Action item:

  • force FL-Inventor to compile
  • Implement a TCPCallback
  • Make a RAMPViewerSEP? beta

Files

Downloadable Resources:

Meeting minutes April, 26th 2004

Attendants: Uli Klank, Katja Kunze, Tobias Sielhorst, Ben

Discussion:

  • We definitely are going to use FLTK, not Studierstube
  • Discussion about Use Cases:
    • creating a Device Manager for Configuring Values
    • new Class 'Scheduler', that controlls what to show and wich values
  • How does the old programm work
  • Camera Pictures should always be very new!

Action item:

  • Try out and includ FL-Inventor
  • Synchronization the two threads of Tracker and Images (Ben)
  • make changes to our classdiagram

Files

Downloadable Resources:

Meeting minutes April, 20th 2004

Attendants: Uli Klank, Katja Kunze, Tobias Sielhorst, Ben

Discussion:

  • We created a diagram of the sequenz of our program
    • first: Init
      • 1) Preferences load (standart Demo/XML)
      • 2) Grabber load
      • 3) Create window
      • 4) Synchronize Camera/Tracker
    • loop (as often as possible)
      • Dispatch eventqueue (keyboard, mouse...)
      • update concurrent data: set pointer to tracking and imagedata acording to time stamp, different use cases
      • Call x-times Show-Object
  • We have to prepare a concept, what happens if data is lost
  • only the newest images shall be shown, old ones we delete

Action item:

  • Test Umbrello for KDE to create UML-diagrams and Code simply (Uli & Katja)
  • Synchronization the two threads of Tracker and Images (Ben)
  • Try out FLTK-Library and test it in a miniprogram
  • prepare use-cases for data updates: What is suposed to be displayed?
    • Image faster/slower than Tracker data + time outs (only Tracker)
    • external Tracker faster/slower than our
    • worst cases

Files

Downloadable Resources:

Meeting minutes April, 19th 2004

Attendants: Uli Klank, Katja Kunze

Discussion:

  • Talk about our exact specification

Files

Downloadable Resources:

Meeting minutes Mar, 8th 2004

Attendants: Uli Klank, Katja Kunze, Tobias Sielhorst

Discussion:

  • Presentation for whole chair in about 2 weeks:
    • what we want to do
    • why we do this
    • timetable of the SEP
    • about 10 minutes (usually it will take longer...)
  • Thread issues
    • As less threads as possible
    • using static funktion
    • Exception and break if there is no connection to Tracker
  • Server Problems on Thursday last week: Server was down
  • Using Libraries
    • Documentation needed

Action item:

  • Clear and Reset CVS, new try; if this doesn't work, we will try it on the new servers in a few weeks
  • Finish sequencediagram
  • Become familiar with OpenInventor?, Coin (www.coin3D.org)
  • Think about and make the Presentation (first version) and what we want to present

Files

Downloadable Resources:

Meeting minutes Mar, 1st 2004

Attendants: Uli Klank, Katja Kunze, Tobias Sielhorst

Discussion:

  • Sequencediagram:
    • Sequence of action not clear
    • Parallel or Sequence?
  • Thread issues
    • TCP as callback funtion
    • Glut main function as global main or not
  • Some classnames aren't significant enough
  • Doc-class as singleton
  • CVS Problems
    • Katja couldn't get anything from the server
    • Uli didn't get a proper version from the server
  • No GUI selected for Errorhandling and Fileopen-Dialogs
Action item:
  • Tobias looks, if the CVS-server works correct
  • Adapt sequence diagram
  • Find a Possibility to program threads

Meeting minutes Feb, 23rd 2004

Attendants: Uli Klank, Katja Kunze, Tobias Sielhorst

Discussion:

  • XML test work out fine
  • TCP connection does not work, yet, which library?
  • First class diagram is rough but ok at this stage
Action item:
  • Tobias creates this page
  • Create first sequence diagram
  • Upload class diagram here
  • Find a free (LGPL) for TCP connection, platform independant library - otherwise MFC

Meeting minutes Feb, 16th 2004

Attendants: Uli Klank, Katja Kunze, Tobias Sielhorst

Discussion:

  • Introduction into project
  • Platform is WinXP/VS.NET/C++, but we aim at platform independence
  • We need milestones
Action items:
  • Create first class diagram of the project
  • Create TCP test program
  • Create XML test program


ProjectForm
Title: Development of visualization framework for medical real time applications
Abstract: This SEP is a feasibility study for the the upcoming CAMPAR medical AR framework. The outcome is supposed to be a proof of concept.
Student: Uli Klank, Katja Kunze
Director: Nassir Navab
Supervisor: Tobias Sielhorst
Type: SEP
Status: finished
Start: 2003/12/01
Finish: 2004/08/01


Edit | Attach | Refresh | Diffs | More | Revision r1.29 - 22 Jan 2007 - 09:52 - JoergTraub