Back to main page
The following steps have to be carried out for generation of a new trackman release.
- Create JAR file
- Make an entry in the changelog on the trackman homepage
- In class
MainFrameView, increment the version number (format: <major>.<minor>.<build>)
- If used libraries changed, adapt classpath in 'manifest.mf'
- Choose 'Create JAR' in the context menu of file 'ubiman.jardesc'. The created jar will be written to 'ubiman/trunk/bin/'
- Create ZIP file
- Template exists under 'dist/trackman'. Maybe, symlinks have to be adapted, if libraries or documentation changes
- Current versions of the pattern templates are linked under 'bin/' (for testing the jar) and also under 'dist/trackman/bin' (so that they are shipped with the zip-file. (For development, you should set the working directory to 'bin/'.
- Use Ark to zip folder 'ubiman/trunk/dist/trackman'. It contains some files statically copied there and a bunch of pattern template, library and documentation symlinks under 'bin/', 'lib' and 'doc/'. Deactivate the 'Store symlinks as links' option in the configuration settings of ark before.
Alternatively, in the 'dist' subdirectory, use the following command-line:
zip -r trackman_<major>.<minor>.<build>.zip trackman/
- Name created archive according to the following format: 'trackman_<major>.<minor>.<build>.zip'
- Commit the whole branch (not only the eclipse project), comment is 'released trackman <major>.<minor>.<build>'
- Provide new release to others
- Copy the new archive to 'trackframe/dist/' in the trackframe repository
- Add it to svn
- Commit, comment is 'released trackman <major>.<minor>.<build>'
- Write an email to 'firstname.lastname@example.org', subject is 'Released trackman <major>.<minor>.<build>'