Seminar: Computer Vision and Deep Learning for Autonomous Driving
PD Dr. Federico Tombari
, Fabian Manhardt
, Helisa Dhamo
, Shun-Cheng Wu
, Manuel Nickel
Seminar Module IN0014
CAMP Seminar Room, 03.13.010
- Preliminary Meeting: Jan. 28th, 4pm, in room: CAMP Seminar Room, 03.13.010
- If interested in registering for the Seminar, you can send us your motivation letter (plus relevant courses that you have taken). Please note that the official application has to be done via the TUM Matching System.
- The seminar includes a selection of the most recent and relevant papers in the field of computer vision and deep learning aimed at autonomous driving.
- Papers are selected to cover different aspects of the topic:
- (Lightweight) Semantic Segmentation
- Scene Understanding
- Multi-modal sensor fusion
- SLAM and 3D reconstruction
- Joint depth and visual odometry prediction
- Synthetic dataset creation
- Car simulators
- Semi-supervised large-scale dataset annotations
- Trajectory planning and lane change prediction
- The full list of papers will be available a few weeks before the beginning of the semester.
In this Master Seminar (formerly Hauptseminar), each student is asked to select one paper from a list. In order to successfully complete the seminar, participants have to fulfill these requirements:
- Presentation: The selected paper is presented to the other participants (20 minutes presentation 10 minutes questions). Use the CAMP templates for PowerPoint camp-tum-jhu-slides.zip, or Latex: CAMP-latex-template.
- Written Report: A document of maximum 8 pages is written and submitted one week after the presentation. Please download and use the llncs2e.zip Latex template.
- Attendance: Participants have to participate actively in all seminar sessions.
The students are required to attend each seminar presentation which will be held during this course. Each presentation is followed by a discussion and everyone is encouraged to actively participate. The report must include all references used and must be written completely in your own words
. Copy and paste will not be tolerated. Both report and presentation have to be done in English
List of Topics and Material
A list of papers will be announced here.
The schedule for the paper presentations will be announced here during the semester. Each student is required to attend all presentations.