by Prof. Nassir Navab
: Benjamin Busam
, Mahdi Saleh
, Patrick Ruhkamp
: Master Practical Course Module IN2106
Informatics (Master), Biomedical Computing (Master)
Preliminary Meeting ("Vorbesprechung"):
28.06.2018 at 4.15 pm. Location: CAMP Seminar Room 03.13.010
See the schedule below.
This course in TUMOnline
The course will be conducted in English.
- Application Deadline: 01-JUL-2018
- Preliminary Meeting: 28-JUN-2018
- 2018-06-11: Course website created.
For application, please use the following form:
Please also register in the TUM matching system
for the course registration. Keep in mind that your chances to be assigned to the course increase if you give it a higher rank in your choices. For further details about how the matching system works and its schedule please check this website
We select appropriate candidates based on their background, interests, and motiviation.
This course focuses on different recent topics in 3D computer vision and their application.
A first set of lectures on specific vision problems (such as 6D Pose Estimation, Structure from Motion, Deep Learning) lays the foundation for practical challenges carried out by the student individually.
While working on these problems the student becomes familiar with these topics and decides for a direction for the group phase.
In the group phase, a group of students is supported by coaches from both industry and academia. The group identifies a particular 3D vision problem in one of these areas and develops a prototype to solve it.
The prototype solution is finally presented with a live demonstration.
- Basic knowledge with C++ and Python programming
- Experience with basic computer vision and machine learning concepts
- Enthusiasm to tackle challenging problems
- Passion to create something new with a team
- Active participation in all mandatory workshops and meetings
- Submission of all individual challenge solutions in time
- Final group presentation with live prototype demonstration
The schedule is preliminary and still subject to change. Please check the course website regularly!
Literature and Resources