For the IPCAI 2012 Conference page, please click here
IPCAI 2010, the 1st International Conference on Information Processing in Computer-Assisted Interventions, will be held on June 23 in Geneva, Switzerland (co-located with CARS
). Based on a highly selective double anonymous review process, IPCAI is aiming at organizing an event in which the best conference articles in computer assisted interventions are reviewed, selected, presented, and actively discussed.
The event is planned to be held biannually in the alternating years in which the Information Processing in Medical Imaging (IPMI)
is not organized. Similar to IPMI
, IPCAI makes sure that the paper selection process is finalized before paper submission deadline of the MICCAI
conference organized in the corresponding year. This allows the authors of the papers not accepted by IPCAI criteria to resubmit a revised version of their paper to this conference.
The format of the conference will be organized to allow more time for constructive discussion. For each presented paper, thirty minutes will be allocated with almost unlimited time for discussions with questions prepared by committee members. Papers will be published in proceedings (LNCS Springer
). Additionally, selected papers could be part of special issues in the best available journals (e.g. IEEE TMI
- Sign up for the conference dinner
- Oral presentation time is 30 minutes followed by discussion.
- Laptops and an LCD projector will be provided in the lecture halls (O/S Windows 2000).
- Please bring your presentation on a CD or memory stick. Save your (powerpoint) presentation providing your name, first name, date and time, e.g. Name_First_28June_1400.
If your presentation contains mpeg and/or avi movies, we recommend to pack the presentation with the "Pack and go" option of Powerpoint. This will ensure that all links are preserved well.
- Please hand over your presentation at the Media-check if possible one day before your presentation.
- Poster presentations
- The size of your poster should be 120 cm in height and 90 cm in width maximally
- It will be up to the poster authors to ensure set-up and dismantling of their own posters. The conference organizers and the Congress Center will take no responsibility for posters left in the Congress Center after dismantling time.
- Set-up: Wednesday, 7:00 – 9:00
- Clinical Applications, Systems, Software, and Validation
- Medical Robotics, Surgical Navigation
- Surgical Planning, Simulation, and Patient-Specific Models
- Interventional Imaging, Advanced Intra-Op Visualization
- Cognition, Modeling, and Context Awareness in the OR
- 20 December 2009, midnight CET
- Submission of full papers: closed
- 3 February 2010
- Author notification
- 23 June 2010
Things to know:
- A dedicated highly selective double anonymous review process with different review forms
- 30’ long talks with unlimited discussion for each
- Constructive and interactive friendly atmosphere
- Fully dedicated to Computer Assisted Interventions
- With different points of view: methodological and/or technical innovation, validation, clinical evaluation, system integration, ergonomics
- Proceedings in Lecture Notes in Computer Science (Springer)
- In case your paper gets good reviews but does not get selected for presentation within the IPCAI conference due to time and space limitations, you will be able to ask for automatic consideration and submission of your manuscript for the CARS 2010 conference.