Meeting protocol 2003-12-22
What the others do
- Cambridge: solution with a central component
- Vienna: semi-central approach with so called "Lokalmanager"
- We: totally decentralized
First idea: Tracker tracks unknown object. When identity is ascertained, a new object is created with identity edges to the original unknown object.
Anonymous objects can be modelled by DWARF services which are searching for other trackers
Introducing three layers:
- application layer
- Ubitrack layer
- sensor layer
Next step: defining an API between the sensor and the Ubitrack layer
| Problem || Client: "I do not know where I am!" |
| Solution || GPRS: "You are in cell #xy." |
| || or |
| || WLan: "You are in cell #xy. Receive my configuration." |
| || or |
| || ARToolkit: "Search for a marker. When detected, inform me." |
Basic idea: We have a model of the building. Objects are moving on straight lines or splines. Sensors are on known positions. Simulation stores the sensor data which can be reread.
- Write about what we are interrested in (about a half to one page)
- update the papers list and assign the titles to the specific readers
- 29 Dec 2003