Meeting minutes Apr, 15th 2005
Jörg Traub, Philipp Stefan, Ben Glocker, Latifa Omary
- After discussion with Pr. Navab and Jörg, it was decided that we first concentrate
- us on the tracking and the registration. The visualization could be done by another team if it is necessary.
- search for papers concerning Marker'S segmentation and registration 3D --> 3D
- Extraction of the markers in the CT data set
- Segmentation of the markers in the CT data set
- Find the point in ART system (ask marko for 3D-->3D registration).
One way will be to calculate the distance beetween the points (for that the
position of the markers must not be symmetric), getting lists with groups of
two points, then search for the neighboors.
Step for the segmentation:
- Test if the markers work with MRI
- By using the function "applyBinaryThresholdFilter" convert the image in a binary
image with only values of 255 for the voxel representing the markers and 0 for the rest
- With the function "regiongrowing" create a list (for example by using Vector) of points
which are forming a region
- Calculate the centroid
- Keep on only the region which are representing a sphere
Regular meetings Jörg/Philipp/Latifa:
- the documentation will be write in tech-file
- note every document which are used for this pproject in the reference (bib-file)
- every step has to be explained in details
- search for papers treating this theme (what does exist? what are the problems ?...)
- some keywords: markers extraction, fiducials markers, landmarkers in medical imaging,
intra-markers distance korrelation.
- NARVIS LAB: alternate Monday/Tuesday - 5 p.m
- Garching: Friday - 1 p.m
- 25 Apr 2005