Open Postdoc Position in 3D Neurohistology & Computer Vision
The Department of Informatics at Technical University of Munich is one of the leading institutions in computer science in Germany (with the Informatics department ranking highest in Germany, and the TU Munich being leading technical school). The Image-based Biomedical Modeling group of the Department of Informatics is part of the Munich School of Bioengineering and located on the research campus in Garching. The Institute for Stroke and Dementia Research (research.isd-muc.de) located in the biomedical science campus, is a part of Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich (ranked as the top university in Germany according to Times Higher Education World University Rankings). Our lab at the ISD has a state-of-the-art infrastructure including brand new fully equipped lab and offices (please visit erturk-lab.com). We offer an interactive and inspiring atmosphere, ideal for our researchers to publish in top-tier journals and develop their career at best.
Menze Lab pursues research in the field of medical image computing, exploring topics at the intersection of physiological modeling, machine learning, and computer vision. A strong application focus on clinical and preclinical neuroimaging (Rempfler MedIA?
2016, Rempfler ICCV 2017, Menze TMI 2016).
Erturk Lab explores biomedical mechanisms causing stroke and dementia. To this end, we use cutting-edge tissue transparency technique that we developed to map the neuronal, vascular and glial connections in healthy and diseased brain (Nature Medicine Ertürk et al. 2012, Nature Protocols Ertürk et al. 2012, Nature Methods Pan et al. 2016).
* extremely curious about science and carry a great interest to make breakthroughs
* always looking for solutions to turn great ideas and opportunities into actions
* always willing to learn, and have the courage to ask questions when you don't know
* open to express your opinions and receive feedback/criticism
* a team player and willing to work in a collaborative environment to share ideas and experiences
* willing to be part of a diverse team to make a dent in the universe
* have published previously in leading conferences in the field of machine learning, computer vision, or medical image computing, such as NIPS, CVPR, MICCAI, or in related journals
Our recent work (named uDISCO) published in Nature Methods in August 2016, and highlighted by media worldwide including New York Times, Wall Street Journal, nature and science magazines. uDISCO demonstrated the possibility of mapping entire neuronal, glial and vascular connections in intact organisms. As a next crucial step, we are looking for a computer scientist to transfer these imaging data into mathematical representations to extract maps of the brain in healthy and diseased states.
Therefore, the candidates should have a strong background in computer vision. The research project focuses on developing algorithms to trace/segment neuronal connections in whole brain (our technology generates the highest quality images of neuronal circuits coming from an entire brain). The successful candidate will be affiliated both with institutions.
Please note that in case of transmitting your job application by email your data will not be encrypted and might potentially be noticed or adulterated by unauthorized third parties. You are welcome to send us your documents by mail.
Please email your complete application documents (as one PDF file including CV, motivation letter, and contact info of at least three referees) mentioning "ISD-IBBM application" in the subject title to: Ali Ertürk email: firstname.lastname@example.org
& Bjoern Menze, email: email@example.com
Open PhD Position for IT infrastructure development and administration
The Chair for Computer Aided Medical Procedures
is looking for a highly motivated PhD student for the administration and development of our IT infrastructure.
The main task of this position is the committed conception, development and administration of the IT infrastructure of our chair, both in Garching and in our labs in the clinics.
- A Master degree in the field of Informatics (or equivalent)
- Experience in the administration of IT infrastructure (e.g. Linux, networks, IT security, server applications such as Apache, OpenLDAP, OpenVPN, owncloud, Content Management Systems such as Typo3, Wikis)
- Willingness to take over responsibility, a pronounced team orientation as well as excellent communication skills
- Very good German and English skills
- Reliability, flexibility, ability to work under pressure as well as independent, goal-oriented work approach
- Salary TV-L E13 according to qualifications
- Opportunity to do a PhD at the chair in a topic of choice connected to our research activities (such as medical imaging, medical image processing, medical augmented reality)
- Pleasant work environment in one of the leading research groups in Germany
Please email your complete application documents (CV, copies of certificates, publication list) as one PDF to Tobias Lasser
) until December 31, 2018, at the latest.
We are continously looking for highly qualified and motivated researchers to join our group. If you wish to apply for a PhD or PostDoc position at CAMP please contact one of the senior PIs
We are continously looking for motivated students interested to work as HiWis at the chair. You should have programming skills (C++, Matlab, OpenGL) and possibly a strong math background, depending on the project.
Please refer to the following page
for more information. If you are interested in joining us and there are no projects listed, just contact us nevertheless. Since we have many projects going on, we might come up with something...