Interventional Imaging and Image Processing
The participants will learn the basics of interventional imaging and image processing. The focus of the lecture will be on interventional x-ray imaging technology. The lecture will cover both topics of 2D as well as 3D imaging. We will particularly focus on recent research topics such as cardiac and perfusion imaging in the interventional suite.
Lecturer: Dr. Markus Kowarschik
This lecture will be in English
Time & Location
nearly biweekly, Thursdays 9:15-11:45 including a break from 10:45-11:00
Room MI 03.13.010
- Clinical motivation (interventional radiology, neuroradiology, and cardiology)
- Interventional imaging modalities
- Basics of x-ray imaging
- Angiographic imaging in 2D
- Angiographic imaging in 3D: CT basics, CT reconstruction
- Current topics (cardiac imaging, perfusion imaging, metal artifact reduction, etc.)
- Please check your exam appointment here and confirm this by sending a mail to email@example.com
- Please check your tum.de or mytum.de email address for exam details.
- The oral exam will be scheduled directly after the registration closed. We plan to to this on Feb. 14th,15th and 18th
- The registration to the oral exam can be done here
- The lecture time has changed again, such that this lecture fits into the schedule for the Biomedical Computing Masters program. There will be two aditional lectures announced soon!
- Lecture time has changed!
A user name and password is required to access the course materials. The credentials are announced during the first lecture.
List of references
- A. Oppelt (Ed.), Imaging Systems for Medical Diagnostics, Publicis Corporate Publishing
- T. Buzug, Computed Tomography, Springer
- A.C. Kak, M. Slaney, Principles of Computerized Tomographic Imaging, SIAM, available online at: http://www.slaney.org/pct/
- G.L. Zeng, Medical Image Reconstruction: A Conceptual Tutorial, Springer
- H. Turbell, Cone-Beam Reconstruction Using Filtered Backprojection , PhD thesis, Linköping University, Sweden, 2001, available online at http://www2.cvl.isy.liu.se/Research/Tomo/Turbell/phd.pdf
- K. Wiesent et al., Enhanced 3-D-Reconstruction Algorithm for C-Arm Systems Suitable for Interventional Procedures, TMI 2000, available online at http://campar.cs.tum.edu/files/teaching/2012ws/IIIP/Wiesent_TMI_2000.pdf
- R. Hartley, A Zisserman: Multiple View Geometry in Computer Vision, Cambridge University Press
Interesting web links
| TeachingForm |
| Title: || Interventional Imaging and Image Processing |
| Professor: || Dr. Markus Kowarschik |
| Tutors: || Dr. Amin Katouzian, Richard Brosig |
| Type: || Lecture |
| Information: || 2 SWS, 3 ECTS Credits |
| Term: || 2012WiSe |
| Abstract: || The participants will learn the basics of interventional imaging and image processing. The focus of the lecture will be on interventional x-ray imaging technology. The lecture will cover both topics of 2D as well as 3D imaging. We will particularly focus on recent research topics such as cardiac and perfusion imaging in the interventional suite. |