Hauptseminar/Master Seminar: Deep Learning for Medical Applications
Prof. Nassir Navab
, Shadi Albarqouni
, Sailesh Conjeti
Advanced Seminar Course Module IN8901
Master Seminar Module IN2107
Seminar room 03.13.010
- 19-01-2017: Submission Deadline for both Report and Presentation is 31st January 2017 at 23:59.
- 02-11-2016: Date Assignment Complete: Please check your time slot.
- 28-10-2016: Paper Assignment (Complete). Please approach your tutor by email if you have any question!
- 25-10-2016: We have a meeting tomorrow to assign the papers.
- 05-08-2016: Preference List: Students are kindly asked to submit their preferences (3 topics) to Shadi Albarqouni starting from 17 October 2016 till 25 October 2016.
- 05-08-2016: Uptaing the topic list: We may update the list after the MICCAI Conference in October 2016.
- 04-07-2016: Registration is open from 01.07.2016 to 06.07.2016 through the TUM Matching Platform.
- 29-06-2016: Tentative Schedule is up!
- 29-06-2016: The list of topics is up!
- 29-06-2016: An introductory meeting: Wednesday, 29 June 2016 at 11 AM (30 minutes) in CAMP Seminar Room, 03.13.010.
- Deep Learning is growing tremendously in Computer Vision and Medical Imaging as well. Highly impacted journals in medical imaging community, i.e. IEEE Transaction on Medical Imaging, published recently their special edition on Deep Learning . The Seminar will propose a list of recent scientific articles related to the main current research topics in deep learning for Medical Applications together with some interesting papers from other communities.
In this Master Seminar (formerly Hauptseminar), each student is asked to select one paper from a list. In order to successfully complete the seminar, participants have to fulfill these requirements:
- Presentation: The selected paper is presented to the other participants (20 minutes presentation 10 minutes questions). Use the CAMP templates for PowerPoint camp-tum-jhu-slides.zip, or Latex: CAMP-latex-template.zip.
- Written Report: A document of maximum 2 pages is written and submitted one week after the presentation. Please download and use the llncs2e.zip Latex template.
- Attendance: Participants have to participate actively in all seminar sessions.
The students are required to attend each seminar presentation which will be held during this course. Each presentation is followed by a discussion and everyone is encouraged to actively participate. The report must include all references used and must be written completely in your own words
. Copy and paste will not be tolerated. Both report and presentation have to be done in English
List of Topics and Material
The list of papers:
ICML: International Conference on Machine Learning
TMI-SIDL: IEEE Transaction on Medical Imaging, Special Issue on Deep Learning
ISBI: International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging
NIPS: Neural Information Processing Systems
ICRA: International Conference on Robotics and Automation
IJCARS: International Journal on Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery
JBHI: IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics
MICCAI: Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention
Literature and Helpful Links
A lot of scientific publications can be found online.
The following list may help you to find some further information on your particular topic:
Libraries (online and offline):
Some further hints for working with references:
If you find useful resources that are not already listed here, please tell us, so we can add them for others. Thanks.
- JabRef is a Java program for comfortable working with Bibtex literature databases. Handy feature: if you know the PubMed ID for an article, JabRef can import data from there (via "Web Search/Medline").
- Mendeley is a cross-platform program for organising your references.