Seminar: Foundations of Computer Vision
Prof. Nassir Navab
, Dr. Federico Tombari
, Fabian Manhardt
, Johanna Wald
Seminar Module IN0014
CAMP Seminar Room, 03.13.010
Thursday 2.pm - 3.30pm
- Jul 14: Here you can find the slides for the introductory meeting.
- Aug 5: Assigned each paper to a student in the table underneath.
- The Seminar Course concerns fundamental methods in the field of Computer Vision. The Seminar will propose a list of scientific articles related to the fundamental research topics of Computer Vision, such as keypoint detection, segmentation, 3D object detection, image classification, camera calibration and optical flow.
In this Master Seminar (formerly Hauptseminar), each student is asked to select one paper from a list. In order to successfully complete the seminar, participants have to fulfill these requirements:
- Presentation: The selected paper is presented to the other participants (20 minutes presentation 10 minutes questions). Use the CAMP templates for PowerPoint camp-tum-jhu-slides.zip, or Latex: CAMP-latex-template.zip.
- Written Report: A document of maximum 8 pages is written and submitted one week after the presentation. Please download and use the llncs2e.zip Latex template.
- Attendance: Participants have to participate actively in all seminar sessions.
The students are required to attend each seminar presentation which will be held during this course. Each presentation is followed by a discussion and everyone is encouraged to actively participate. The report must include all references used and must be written completely in your own words
. Copy and paste will not be tolerated. Both report and presentation have to be done in English
List of Topics and Material
A list of papers will be announced here.
The schedule for the paper presentations will be announced here during the semester. Each student is required to attend all presentations.