Nassir Navab, Tingying Peng, Lichao Wang, Loic Peter, Benjamin Gutierrez Becker, Shadi Albarqouni, Fausto Milletarì
Machine Learning in Medical Imaging
Master Practical Course Module IN2106
Location: MI 03.13.010
Time: Tuesday 16:00-17:30
Course Language: English
- July, 25th: Preliminary meeting is scheduled on 25th of July, 14:00-15:00pm in MI 03.13.010
- Oct, 29th: Projects have been assigned. Please contact your supervisor as soon as possible to setup an initial meeting.
- Jan, 8th: Final presentation is scheduled on 27th of Jan 16:00-17:30
About the Course
In this course students will learn through practice the application of different machine learning methods to problems involving medical images. The Master-Praktikum will consist in:
- (1) a few introductory lectures on machine learning and its application in different problems involving medical imaging,
- (2) a number of exercises to apply different learning approaches to toy example data,
- (3) a machine learning project with a real medical application to be solved in groups (pairs).
Regular meetings will be held individually with each group to follow up the progress of the project along the semester
- Homework attestations (25%)
- Project (75%), including:
- Practical implementation
- Midterm and final Presentations:Use the CAMP templates for PowerPoint CAMPmaster.pot, or Latex: CAMP-latex-template.zip.
- Report : Maximum 8 pages. Please download and use the llncs2e.zip Latex template.
- Interested students should attend the introductory meeting to enlist in the course.
- Students in the waiting list of summer term would have priority for registration.
- Students can only register through TUMOnline themselves if the maximum number of participants hasn't been reached by end of August.
- Maximum number of participants: 24.
- Basic knowledge in MATLAB and C/C++ programming is an advantage.