Lab Course / Praktikum: Praktikum on 3D Computer Vision
by PD Dr.-Ing. Federico Tombari
: Benjamin Busam
, Nikolas Brasch
, Mahdi Saleh
, Yida Wang
, Shun-Cheng Wu
, HyunJun Jung
, Evin Pinar Örnek
: Master Practical Course Module IN2106
Informatics (Master), Biomedical Computing (Master)
Preliminary Meeting ("Vorbesprechung"):
Friday, 09.07.2021 at 03:00 PM. slides video
See the schedule below. According to the pandemic situation, we will partly or fully have our meetings / lectures via zoom.
This course in TUMOnline
The course will be conducted in English.
This course focuses on different recent topics in 3D computer vision and their application.
A first set of lectures on specific vision problems (such as 6D Pose Estimation, Structure from Motion, Reinforcement Learning) lays the foundation for practical challenges carried out by the student individually.
While working on these problems the student becomes familiar with these topics and decides for a direction for the group phase.
In the group phase, a group of students is supported by coaches from both industry and academia. The group identifies a particular 3D vision problem in one of these areas and develops a prototype to solve it.
The prototype solution is finally presented with a live demonstration.
After the course, the student is familiar with some advanced topics in 3D computer vision for which a practical implementation has been carried out and experience in problem solving for a specific 3D vision problem has been learnt in constant exchange with group members and vision experts.
- Preliminary Meeting: Friday, 09.07.2021 at 03:00 PM Zoom Meeting
- Send motivation letter & transcript (not mandatory, but highly recommended) to: p3dcv[at]mailnavab.informatik.tu-muenchen.de (until 20.07.
- Register in TUM Matching-System: https://matching.in.tum.de
- Basic knowledge with C++ and Python programming
- Experience with basic computer vision and machine learning concepts
- Enthusiasm to tackle challenging problems
- Passion to create something new with a team
The schedule is preliminary and still subject to change. Please check the course website regularly!
| Project ID || Title || Supervisor || Students || Materials |