Dipl.-Inf. Asa MacWilliams
I was a research assistant at the Technische Universität München from 2001 to 2004, and am still an occasional guest; you can best contact me by e-mail.
My research interests include:
- Distributed service software architectures
- Adaptive middleware
- Context-aware computing
- Augmented reality
My Ph.D. advisor is Prof. Bernd Brügge, Ph.D.
; my Ph.D. thesis, which is in the process of being reviewed, is
A Decentralized Adaptive Architecture for Ubiquitous Augmented Reality Systems
I have been involved in these research projects:
- DWARF (1999-today)
- My focus is on the overall software architecture based on distributed services.
- If anything is wrong with the DWARF Middleware, blame me.
- I have been actively involved in Pathfinder?, TRAMP, SHEEP, and ARCHIE.
- I am currently involved in Ubiquitous Tracking, as well as helping with CAR.
- Contact me if you need a new project acronym.
- UMTS / Mobile Wartung (2001-today)
- This project is part of the Offensive Zukunft Bayern and focuses on mobile maintenance applications.
- Software Patterns for AR (2002-today)
- ARVIKA (2002)
- Together with Thomas Reicher, I conducted a study on AR software architectures within the ARVIKA project.
I was involved in supervising these student projects:
- ARCHIE (November 2002 - May 2003)
- SHEEP (March 2002 - October 2002)
- TRAMP (October 2001 - February 2002)
Students I have supervised or am currently supervising:
The document has moved here.
Apache/2.4.29 (Ubuntu) Server at wwwbruegge.in.tum.de Port 80
| UsersForm |
| Title: || Dr. |
| Firstname: || Asa |
| Middlename: || |
| Lastname: || MacWilliams? |
| Picture: || |
| Birthday: || |
| Nationality: || Germany |
| Languages: || |
| Groups: || |
| Expertise: || |
| Position: || Scientific Staff |
| Status: || Inactive |
| Emailbefore: || |
| Emailafter: || |
| Room: || |
| Telephone: || |
| Alumniactivity: || is now working at Siemens Corporate Technology in Munich |
| Personalvideo01: || |
| Personalvideotext01: || |
| Personalvideopreview01: || |
| Personalvideo02: || |
| Personalvideotext02: || |
| Personalvideopreview02: || |