Mr. Hongwei Li (Bran)
My English name is Bran. I am a Ph.D. candidate in Techinical University of Munich (TUM) supervised by Prof. Bjoern Menze started from Sep. 2017.
My research interests focus on machine learning and medical image analysis.
Before I was a visiting research student in School of Computing in University of Dundee for 6 months as a part of my master program in Sun Yat-sen University supervised by Prof. Jianguo Zhang and Wei-Shi Zheng. For more details, please have a look at my Curriculum Vitae, Google scholar and GitHub.
My Ph.D. program focus on solving machine learning problems in the field of medical image analysis, especially weakly-supervised learning for image segmentation, including several projects setup with some hospitals:
1. Automatic segmentation of white matter hyperintensities (WMH) and multiple sclerosis (MS) lesions in MR images;
2. Automated algorithms for classification of pancreas cysts using multi-modal computed tomography (CT);
3. Brain age regression using MR fingerprinting and machine learning. This is a project in colaboration with INFN Pisa
4. Gene-radiomics study on 4D perfusion MR images.
(in colaboration with University College London and University of Dundee).
Available Projects for Master students and Undergraduates
I enjoy working with students who are interested in machine learning and medical image analysis. Please feel free to contact me and Prof. Bjoern Menze if you want to do research on relevant topics, especially:
1. Weakly-supervised learning / one-shot learning in medical image analysis.
2. Deep learning's application on segmentation of lesion in MR images and lesion subtype classification using CT images.
WINNER (Team Name:sysu_media) of WMH Segmentation Challenge in MICCAI 2017! Detailed description of our method is submitted to NeuroImage Journal and now accepted!
1. Fully Convolutional Network Ensembles for White Matter Hyperintensities Segmentation in MR Images, NeuroImage (08/2018)
2. Multi-Scale Convolutional-Stack Aggregation for Robust White Matter Hyperintensities Segmentation, MICCAI Brain Lesion Workshop (08/2018)
3. HEp-2 specimen classification via deep CNNs and pattern histogram, International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR 2016)
4. HEp-2 cells staining patterns classification via wavelet scattering network and random forest, Asian Conference on Pattern Recognition (ACPR 2015)
Amateur indoor volleyball player, now playing for VfR Garching Men's volleyball team (national league games);
Reading and Writing novels.
updated on 10/11/2018