Mr. Hongwei Li (Bran)
I am a Ph.D. student in IBBM Group in Techinical University of Munich (TUM) supervised by Prof. Bjoern Menze started from Sep. 2017.
My research interests focus on machine learning and medical image analysis.
Before I was a visiting research student in School of Computing in University of Dundee for 6 months as a part of my master program in Sun Yat-sen University of China.
Current research projects for my Ph.D. program include:
1. Automated algorithms for classification of pancreas cysts using multi-modal computed tomography (CT);
2. Automatic segmentation of white matter hyperintensities (WMH) and multiple sclerosis (MS) lesions in MR images;
3. Gene-radiomics study on 4D perfusion MR images.
(colaboration with University College London and University of Dundee).
Available Projects for Master students and Undergraduates
Please feel free to contact me and Prof. Bjoern Menze if you are interested in relevant research topics on medical image analysis and computer vision, especially:
1. Software implenmentation of WMH/MS segmentation algorithms for the routine use by neuroradiologists.
2. Research topic on computer vision or machine learning related to my Ph.D. projects.
WINNER (Team Name:sysu_media) of WMH Segmentation Challenge in MICCAI 2017! Detailed description of our method is submitted to NeuroImage Journal and under review. Codes and models will be released soon.
1. Hongwei Li et al, HEp-2 specimen classification via deep CNNs and pattern histogram, International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR 2016)
2. Hongwei Li et al, HEp-2 cells staining patterns classification via wavelet scattering network and random forest, Asian Conference on Pattern Recognition (ACPR 2015)
Indoor volleyball, now playing for VfR Garching Men's volleyball team; Beach volleyball
updated on 29/01/2018