Mr. Hongwei Li (Bran)
My English name is Bran. I am a Ph.D. candidate supervised by Prof. Bjoern Menze starting from Sep. 2017.
- Email: hongwei(dot)firstname.lastname@example.org ;
- Office: In open space of IMETUM close to the printing room (lots of drones in my desk).
My research interests focus on devoloping machine-learning algorithms in the field of medical image analysis,
especially in unsupervised learning and adversarial learning for image segmentation or synthesis.
My program includes several cool projects:
For more details about my research and previous master student projects, please have a look at my Curriculum Vitae and Google scholar profile.
- Medical image synthesis including PET and MRI, using generative adverarial network (GANs);
- Automatic segmentation of white matter hyperintensities (WMH) and multiple sclerosis (MS) lesions in MR images;
- Automated algorithms for classification of pancreas cysts using multi-modal computed tomography (CT);
- Brain structures segmentation in brain MR images;
Available Projects for Undergraduates and Master Students
I enjoy working with self-motivated students who are interested in machine learning and medical image analysis.
Please feel free to contact me and Prof. Bjoern Menze if you want to do research on relevant topics,
we may offer suitable projects depends on personal interests.
Selected Publications (first author)
1. Fully Convolutional Network Ensembles for White Matter Hyperintensities Segmentation in MR Images, NeuroImage (08/2018)
2. Multi-Scale Convolutional-Stack Aggregation for Robust White Matter Hyperintensities Segmentation, MICCAI Brain Lesion Workshop (08/2018)
3. Automatic Brain Structures Segmentation Using Deep Residual Dilated U-Net, MICCAI Brain Lesion Workshop (08/2018)
4. HEp-2 specimen classification via deep CNNs and pattern histogram, International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR 2016)
5. HEp-2 cells staining patterns classification via wavelet scattering network and random forest, Asian Conference on Pattern Recognition (ACPR 2015)
Amateur indoor volleyball player, now playing for VfR Garching Men's volleyball team;
Reading and writing fairy tales.
updated on 15/04/2019