Joint MICCAI-Workshops on
Computing and Visualization for Intravascular Imaging and Computer Assisted Stenting
This workshop brings together two very successful MICCAI-Workshop series (CVII and STENT) in order to form a common event on technological and scientific research concerned with endovascular procedures. A continuous communication between surgeons/physicians and scientific and industrial researchers is crucial for bringing forward innovative solutions to the clinics: we aim to provide an interchange platform for medical experts and technological researchers concerned with all aspects of endovascular interventions. Through the integration of medical experts into the program committee, we ensure clinical relevance of the entire program, including keynote speeches and scientific paper presentation. CVII-STENT will be a unique platform for scientific discussion of endovascular stenting and intravascular imaging and is highly complementary to the main MICCAI conference.
The workshop will focus on imaging, treatment and computed assisted technological advances in diagnostic and intraoperative imaging. Such techniques offer increasingly useful information regarding vascular anatomy and function and are poised to have dramatic impact on the diagnosis, analysis, modeling, and treatment of vascular diseases. Computational vision techniques designed to analyze images for modeling, simulating, and visualizing anatomy and medical devices such as stents as well as the assessment of interventional procedures are therefore playing an important role and are currently receiving significant interest.
- September 10, 2014: The final program and the proceedings have been published.
- September 10, 2014: The workshop will be held on the MIT campus in the Stata Center, building 32, room 144 from 8:15 am to 5 pm. Please note that you'll first have to get your registration material at the registration desk in the lobby of MIT's Kresge Auditorium (or register, if not done yet). It will be open at 7am. There will probably be a lot of people there. Please try to go early, so that you can join the workshop from the very beginning. There is a 10 min walk to the Stata Center. Local area map.
- July 8, 2014: 9 papers have been accepted for presentation at the CVIISTENT Workshop
- July 2, 2014: Notification of acceptance has been moved to July 8.
- June 2, 2014: We have extended the paper submission deadline until June 10!
- May 23, 2014: Please use this website for paper submission.
- May 08, 2014: Submission Guidelines published.
- April 29, 2014: Published first call for papers, updated important dates.
- January 30, 2014: Website opened.
- Atherosclerotic plaque image analysis and characterization
- Quantification of vascular morphology and function
- Tissue classification of intravascular images
- Computer-aided diagnosis of vascular disease
- Segmentation and anatomic modeling from IVUS, OCT, CTA, X‐ray angiography, IVMR, etc.
- Image-based biomechanical models of vascular anatomy and function
- Registration of intravascular images
- Image processing methods for intravascular contrast agent applications
- Hemodynamic image-based modeling
- Percutaneous imaging/intervention, including IVUS, OCT and IVMR
- Imaging for struts/stent detection, reconstruction, and assessment
- Computer-aided interventions for stenting procedures
- Detection and visualization of fluid dynamic changes induced by stents
- Computer-aided diagnosis of post-deployment diseases (neo-intima growth, stent malposition)
- Planning and navigation of vascular treatments
- Segmentation, registration and anatomic modeling of vascular images
- Image-based biomechanical and hemodynamic models of stents, vascular anatomy, and function
- Analysis and improvement of stent design
- Virtual stenting and virtual deployment
- Monitoring and follow-up for stent implants
The final program can be found here
The proceedings can be found here
- Clinical Abstract Submission Deadline: June 10, 2014
- Full Paper Submission Deadline:
June 2, 2014 June 10, 2014
- Notification of Acceptance:
July 1, 2014 July 8, 2014
- Workshop: September 14, 2014, 8:15 am - 5:00 pm. Stata Center building 32, room 144, MIT campus, Boston.