I (almost) finished my Ph.D. at TUM and moved to Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München.
Check out my new homepage!
The most profound technologies are those that disappear. (Mark Weiser)
We are used to computer systems that require us to adapt to their limited capabilities. We have to learn strange interaction metaphors and arcane workflows. Computers force their users upon a logical structure that reflects the computer's way of working and not the user's way of thinking. Machines that understand the intentions of humans and perceive the environment similar to human beings are starting their way out of fiction to reality.
In my research, I aim at combing the Ubiquitous Computing
paradigm with Augmented Reality
style interaction. One of the core requirements to let computer systems naturally dive into the environment is knowledge about the location of users and objects, most times referred to as Tracking
I am one of the core and founding members of the DWARF
research project. In the beginning, my main interest was on vision-based tracking algorithms and their efficient implementation. Since I started to work on my Ph.D. thesis, I try to combine multiple tracking devices in a way that allows the setup of Ubiquitous Tracking environments. My Ph.D. supervisor is Prof. Gudrun Klinker, Ph.D.?
Projects I am or have been involved in
- DWARF (1999-today)
- The Distributed Wearable Augmented Reality Framework is our main research platform.
- I am involved in all the DWARF stuff that deals with tracking.
- I actively participated in the Pathfinder?, TRAMP?, SHEEP, and ARCHIE? projects.
- Ubiquitous Tracking (2004-today)
- UMTS / Mobile Wartung? (2001-2003)
- This project is part of the Offensive Zukunft Bayern and focuses on mobile maintenance applications.
- Absolventenfest 2001
Seminars, Lectures and More
I participated in supervising and/or organizing the following courses:
Summer Semester 2004
- Praktikum Augmented Reality?
- Ubiquitous Tracking for Augmented Reality? Course at 2nd Joint Advanced Summer School (JASS) 2004
- Hauptseminar Machine Learning?
- Hauptseminar Machine Learning for Context Aware Computing?
- Praktikum Global Software Engineering: TRAMP?
Diploma Theses, SEPs looking for a student
soon come... But don't hesitate to contact me
if you're interested in any of my research topics.
Finished and Currently active Diploma Theses, SEPs I (co-)supervised
| Student || Type || Title || Submission |
| Andreas Krause? || DA || Context-Aware Mobile Computing: Learning Context-Dependent Personal Preferences from a Wearable Sensor Array? || 15 Dec 2003 |
| Bernhard Zaun? || DA || New Calibration Methods for Augmented Reality? || 15 Jul 2003 |
| Dagmar Beyer? || DA || Construction of Decentralized Data Flow Graphs in Ubiquitous Tracking Environments? || 15 Jul 2004 |
| Daniel Pustka || DA || Autocalibration in Ubiquitous Tracking Environments? || 15 Jul 2004 |
| Felix Löw || DA || Improving ARToolkit-based Natural Feature Tracking with Hybrid Tracking Techniques? (at Hitlab NZ) || 15 May 2005 |
| Felix Löw || SEP || A Context-Awareness Component for DWARF based on AR Toolkit || 24 Nov 2003 |
| Florian Reitmeir? || DA || NAVI - Navigation Aid for Visually Impaired: Automatic Generation of User Interest Profiles? || 15 Dec 2003 |
| Franz Mader? || DA || Integration of a Head Mounted Display in an airplane cockpit infrastructure for the application of Augmented Reality techniques for the visualization of navigational information? || 15 Jul 2004 |
| Franz Strasser || DA || Bootstrapping of Sensor Networks for Ubiquitous Tracking Environments? || 15 Jul 2004 |
| Fuat Atabey?, Recep Kayali? || SEP || Analyse und Modellierung von Wartungsabläufen zur Migration von papierbasierten Wartungsanweisungen zu Interactive Electronic Tech Manuals (IETMs)? || 15 Feb 2004 |
| Gerrit Hillebrand? || SEP || A Camera Simulation for Optical Trackers || 1 Dec 2002 |
| Günther Harrasser? || DA || NAVI - Navigation Aid for Visually Impaired: Evaluation and Prototypical Implemenation of User Interfaces for Visually Impaired? || 15 Dec 2003 |
| Jonas von Beck?, Ingo Kresse, Christian Wachinger || SEP || Entwicklung einer Messeinheit für die Bodenreaktionskräfte im Alpinen Skisport? || |
| Marcus Tönnis || DA || Data Management for Augmented Reality Applications? || 15 Jul 2003 |
| Michael Siggelkow || DA || Evaluating Collaborative Work Enhanced by Different Augmented Reality Avatar Representations? (at Hitlab NZ) || 15 May 2005 |
| Sven Hennauer || SEP || Empirical estimation of tracking ranges and application thereof for smooth transition between two tracking devices || 13 Jan 2004 |
The document has moved here.
Apache/2.4.29 (Ubuntu) Server at wwwbruegge.in.tum.de Port 80
- Distributed Spatial Configuration of Context Aware Applications (pdf) at the 3rd Studierstube Workshop (stbDay3), Vienna, Austria, December 19, 2003
- Presentation of the SHEEP system at the Konversatorium, Institut für Computergraphik und Algorithmen, TU Wien, Vienna, Austria, December 13, 2002
- Presentation of the DWARF system at an AR/MR Authoring Workshop held in conjuction with the IST/E3 cluster concertation meeting, Brussels, Belgium, March 14, 2003
Notes from Conferences (Read Protected)
- Funding for Postdocs in Germany and Europe?, TU München, 18.05.2004
- 1. Workshop Virtuelle und Erweiterte Realität?, TU Chemnitz, 27./28.9.2004
- 07 Dec 2004