Augmented Reality - Medical Augmented Reality - Winter Term 2017/2018
Lecture by Prof. Nassir Navab
Exercises by Ulrich Eck, Felix Bork, Jakob Weiss, Alexander Winkler
Type: Lecture IN2293
Programs: Informatics (Bachelor, Master)
Biomedical Computing (Master)
Computational Science and Engineering (Master)
Wirtschaftsinformatik (Bachelor, Master)
ECTS: 5 Credits
Course Language: English
Contact: Felix Bork
(on appointment, send an email beforehand)
NOTE: Only exercise solutions of the theoretic parts will be posted on the web-site.
Time, Location & Requirements
Course information and certificate requirements:
- The classes as well as the exercises will be held in English.
- Exercises will consist of practical and theoretical tasks. Practical exercises will be done in C++ with OpenCV and OpenGL.
- During the Exercises, you will implement your own little AR project for which you can get bonus points for the exam.
- The lecture consists of one final exam, which will be hand written and aclosed-book exam (no notes allowed)
- 08/09: Registration on TUMOnline is possible
- 09/09: Lecture & Exercise schedule updated
Preliminary Lecture & Exercise Schedule
General Literature on Lecture Content
- R.Hartley and A.Zisserman: Multiple View Geometry in Computer Vision; Cambridge University Press, 2004. Online version
- D.Ballard and C.Brown: Computer Vision. Online version
- R.Tsai: A Versatile Camera Calibration Technique for High Accuracy 3D Machine Vision. Download from CALTECH.
- J.Rolland, L.Davis, Y. Baillot: A Survey of Tracking Technology for Virtual Environments; in Fundamentals of Wearable Computers and Augmented, 2001. Download from UPenn.
- D.Allen, G.Bishop, G.Welch: Tracking - Beyond 15 Minutes of Thought; Course 11 at Siggraph 2001. Download from UNC.
- J.Rolland, H. Fuchs: Optical versus See-Through Head-Mounted Displays; in Fundamentals of Wearable Computers and Augmented, 2001. Download from citeseer.
- M.Tuceryan, Y.Genc, N.Navab: Single Point Active Alignment Method (SPAAM) for Optical See-Through HMD Calibration; in Presence: Teleoperators and Virtual Environments, 11(3), 2002. Download from M. Tuceryan's home page.
- P.Milgram, Colquhoun: A Taxonomy of Real and Virtual World Display Integration; in Proc. International Symposium of Mixed Reality (ISMR 1999). Download from ebookbrowse.
- M.Weiser: The Computer for the Twenty-First Century; Scientific American, 1991. Download from ubiq.com.
- R. Szeliski: Computer Vision - Algorithms and Applications, Springer Verlag, 2011. Online Version